Sunday, December 8, 2013

WHAT NITIN MURALIKRISHNA SAYS ABOUT UNISON MUSIC CLASSES

My name is Nitin Muralikrishna. I joined Unison school of music when I was 5 years old. This was in the year 2001. From then till the year 2008 I was trained and guided by my teacher Mr.Raj Vasanthan. Music always caught my attention from when I was 6 months old. As a kid I always had the fascination of playing the keyboard. I learnt Carnatic for two years, and then moved on to western. I learnt all the basics which were a requirement for the Trinity exams. Sir was very keen that I did the initial grade. After seeing my results, with full confidence in me, he asked me to take up the grade 2 exams directly. After that I did my 3rd as well as my 4th grade. By then I had the confidence in me to improvise, experiment and compose music. I started taking interest in music programming and arrangement which involved computers, MIDI and other technical equipments. This became my hobby and I started doing a lot of this throughout my 8th, 9th and 10th standards.  I also produced few tracks for Raj Vasanthan Sir.  I started taking part in inter-school keyboard and band competitions. I also started to play at family gatherings, wedding receptions and other functions along with friends and professionals from the Music industry. This was a great learning experience and I started to explore on the various processes involved in music production and composition. I decided to do music production and arrangement as my future career. I am currently in my 12th  studying at PSBB-KK Nagar.  I had applied for the Recording Arts and Science course at Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, NUS, Singapore for which I have been selected and asked to appear for an audition next month.
I am very thankful to Mr.Raj Vasanthan, for his guidance, right from the start.


No comments:

Post a Comment